Monday, June 18, 2012

Call Me Definitely

Ladies, it appears we all have Carly Rae Jepsen to thank for making it beyond socially acceptable for us to ask a guy out without feeling desperate. I know, I know. It's 2012 and guys think it's hot when girls ask them out. (I've done a little research with the opposite sex.) Guys also think it's hot or cool when a girl offers to pick up the tab. There are a lot of things I am comfortable with. Standing on a stage in front of a room full of strangers talking in depth about my vagina, giving people my unsolicited, honest opinion, and even picking up the tab. I'm not, however, very comfortable asking guys out. I once approached a guy with the help of a few glasses of liquid courage and a very good friend. IT WORKED OUT! Until it didn't. (See previous blog.)

I wouldn't say I'm "old fashioned" in many or any ways, but I do want a man who takes charge and doesn't beat around the bush... Mine or anyone else's. After doing some research on the ladies' side, I discovered we all do. There seems to be an epidemic, at least in LA, of men who aren't acting like men. It's one thing if they are "just not  that into us," great, then move it along. But there's also a lot of, "we should, like... maybe hang out sometime," and similar conversation that is unacceptable to us. The guy who says, "When can I take you out to dinner?" "Do you wanna grab a drink?" "I want to penetrate you" is going to get a lot further. Well, maybe not the last one. You can probably find a more tactful way to convey that to avoid date rape charges, but it's true. 64% of the guys I've gone out with only got my number because they were confident and persistent... And because my standards are pretty low, but that's a whole different blog.

Guys, I don't care if you're 21 or 43 (which coincidentally enough is my dating age-range) make shit happen.

Ladies, if you fear you will never again see the guy in your life, take Carly Rae's advice. It works.

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Keep the writing up!

    George

    ReplyDelete